Monday, April 23, 2012





I love cinnamon rolls, big or small, I could eat them all day and never get tired of them. When my friends and I get together or go on vacation, this is one thing we always bake for breakfast one of the days. We just use the Pillsbury Rolls, but I made these with crescent rolls we had in the refrigerator. I edited this original recipe I found here and tweaked it to what I know I like/have. This is one of those recipes where you can use more or less of each ingredient. I did this and didn't follow the exact measurements. 



Mini Cinnamon Rolls

Ingredients:
1 tube crescent roll dough
2 Tablespoons butter
cinnamon
sugar
For the icing:
1 Tablespoon milk
3/4 cup powdered sugar
Directions:
1. Preheat oven according to crescent roll dough package directions. Layout half the dough  and pinch all the seams together. Flip over and pinch the seams on the back side together too.
2. Using a rolling pin, smooth the seams and roll the dough into a square about 1/4″ thick. Brush with the butter, and sprinkle with as much cinnamon and sugar as you want. Roll into a log and cut into pieces big or small enough to fit in your muffin tin.
3. Place mini cinnamon rolls into a non-stick sprayed mini muffin tin. Bake according to package directions.
4. Meanwhile whisk together milk and powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls.

Originally Made: March 18, 2012

No comments: