Sunday, January 1, 2012

For a Christmas party two weeks ago, I made Cake Batter Brownies and used a recipe I found from Pinterest. If you haven't used Pinterest yet, please do so quickly! It's this amazing website where people "pin" things they find all over the internet for other people to find. I'm addicted. I have SO many boards made of things I like or want to try.


These were super easy to make and even easier to cut into bars. I wish I would have tried them before putting icing on top. The brownie itself was very sweet, in my opinion, so adding the icing was going really over board. I knew they weren't such a great hit because I ended up dropping off most of the platter at work.

I used a french vanilla cake mix and added red and green sprinkles to it. I also used can frosting, which I tend to like more than homemade frosting. I also baked this in a 9x13" because I needed to get more out of this, by doing so I used 2 boxes of cake mix and doubled everything. Since I used 2 boxes and a larger pan, it took much longer than 30 minutes to cook. The only advice I can give is to check the brownie with a toothpick and cook at 10 minute increments after 30 minutes.

Ingredients:

  • 1 box yellow (or Funfetti!) cake mix
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 – 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles (if you use a yellow cake mix, add these in)
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
  • Sprinkles for the top
  • Frosting

Directions: Combine the cake mix, oil, and egg in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly – you want the batter to remain as dense as possible. Then mix in the rainbow sprinkles and white chocolate chips. Spray pan (either 8x11" or 9x9" pan ) with non-stick cooking spray. Dump batter in pan and spread to the edges. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. (They will be a little soft/gooey in the middle- just let them sit for about 20-30 minutes and they will set up. But I guarantee that you will not be able to wait that long.) Frost when cooled if desired.


No comments: